Do you ever hanker after those days when you played in the mud?*
This Slow Wine Weekend partners with Millstone Pottery and its world-renowned potters, Paul de Jongh and Nina Shand. This fun weekend combines an introduction to a basic pottery technique with an extended McGregor Experience – great wine and fabulous food.
* If playing in the mud is not your partner’s “thang”, let us know, and we can arrange something else for you to do – like a winding walk on the hills around the village or a visit to one of McGregor’s indigenous gardens.**
For less that R10,000 per person sharing, and in addition to your own pottery creation, this nearly 4-day experience includes accommodation in typical village accommodation, either in a country inn or in McGregor Village, itself; meals, selected wines and wine tastings are also included.
If you do not wish to drive yourself, shuttle transport from and back to Cape Town International Airport can be arranged on request.
Only ZAR 9,600 per person sharing
Closing date for this experience is 3 weeks prior: 6 April 2017
Scroll down to find the contact form, or click here
Costs, per person sharing, include:
- Four nights’ accommodation in carefully selected accommodation in McGregor Village. Single supplements apply
- Transport to tastings, excursions and dining venues outside the village
- All activities, including the pottery workshop
- All meals including food and selected wine pairings with meals.
Here’s what we’re planning over the four days:
Pots and Wine**
Arrive at accommodation and settle in and then meet at Millstone Pottery and spend the afternoon playing in the mud. The afternoon will end (or not, depending on how far you’ve got) with sundowners followed by dinner in the pottery. Nina, Paul and family will host the dinner which will be provided by talented locals and accompanied by easy-drinking local wines.
After breakfast, return to the pottery and add finishing touches to your masterpieces so that they can be prepared for firing. Spend the rest of the morning visiting McGregor’s art galleries and shops before lunch paired with Bemind’s garagiste wines.
Then, enjoy a relaxed afternoon in your accommodation and/or arrange a treatment for yourself before dinner and great wines at a local establishment.
After breakfast, the bus will collect the group for a cellar door tasting before heading up the Road to Nowhere and lunch on the stoep at Lord’s Winery.
After returning to the village and your accommodation, either have a nap or a pamper before joining the group at How Bazaar for an evening of wine and glorious country fare prepared by another of McGregor’s talented foodies.
Spend a leisurely morning exploring the village and visiting McGregor’s art galleries and shops before a great Sunday Lunch at a local establishment.
Sleep off lunch before wandering down the village for a light supper and wine-tasting at McGregor’s own wine bar.
After breakfast, and checking out from your accommodation, guests bid McGregor farewell, but before heading home will head into Robertson and to Wolfkloof, the home of the valley’s white Merlot. Join winemaker Jan Kannemeyer for lunch and stories about his life-long love affair with Merlot.
*Itinerary subject to change at short notice. Equivalent activities will be substituted
The Small Print
Numbers limited: only 12 people can be accommodated in any Slow Wine Weekend (minimum 8)
Unless otherwise stated, all other terms and conditions apply
- Other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and/or wine purchases at the cellars you visit
- Gratuities, personal purchases, donations or personal services separately charged for, not specifically listed on your final itinerary
- Booking for this experience closes 3 weeks before the selected weekend
- The schedule is subject to change at short notice and is weather dependent; equivalent activities will be substituted.
Next Slow Wine Weekends
Make sure you don’t miss the details of this weekend by subscribing to our newsletter.
You can do this on the menu on the right side of any page on our website!
© Slow Wine Weekends